In our first ever guest blog post, we're discussing tips and tricks to help that newly dyed hair color last with the help of balayage specialist, Ceann Cherry at Chromatique Salon located in Bellevue, WA.
Here's what she had to say:
- Wait - After getting that fresh color done, wait a couple of days before washing your hair.
- Water Temperature - A key to helping that color last is using lukewarm water when you do wash your hair to help prevent it from fading.
- Be Aware - It's important to avoid using clarifying shampoos as the ingredients in it will strip away the color over time. Also be sure to use professional products that are sulfate-free.
- Wash Less - To prevent drying out your hair, only wash it every couple of days. On those in-between days, use dry shampoo to keep your hair looking fresh.
- Nourish - To keep your hair soft and manageable, especially after the use of chemicals, use a nourishing deep conditioning treatment at least once a week.
- Avoid Heat - Try to air dry your hair when you can and use heat styling products less often to prevent further damage.
- Protect - Hair can be damaged from environmental elements such as the sun's rays so use a product with SPF protectant to prevent sun bleaching.
- Maintain - Book an appointment with your stylist for a gloss in between your regular hair appointments.
Follow these tips to keep your hair color looking as fresh as when you walked out of the salon!