To keep hair healthy and beautiful, it’s important to pair high-quality hair care products with thoughtful hair care practices. Here are our favorite hair care tips that will leave you guaranteed to keep turning heads.
Don’t Overdo Heat
Before heating your hair with a dryer and tools, consider your hair’s type and needs. Overheating your hair can lead to split ends, unsightly flyaways, and broken follicles.
1. Use the lowest possible setting on your hairdryer and styling tools. Maximize the heat you do use by searching for a professional dryer with attachment options to cut drying and styling time. The Luseta Oil Enhanced Folding Diffuser distributes heat more evenly, while the Luseta 3rd Generation Wind Spin Hair Curler creates perfect curls as you blow dry.
2. Apply heat sparingly. Hold the hair dryer at least six inches away from your coif, and point down to prevent frizz — a nozzle attachment allows you to target air flow. Allow strands to dry as naturally as possible before using hot tools, and don’t brush hair until it’s almost dry. Cut up to 50 percent of drying time by applying a frizz-eliminating serum such as the Luseta Argan Oil Hair Repair Serum on wet or damp hair.
Bring Life to Locks
In between washes and stylings, keep hair looking vibrant and healthy. Everyday maintenance using salon-grade products ensures hair always looks full of life, no matter where you are in your wash cycle.
3. Use dry shampoo to tame and revive curls and volume. Dry shampoo absorbs excess oil, tames odor and leaves hair looking fresh and clean. The Luseta Volume Reviving Dry Shampoo subdues unruly curls and invigorates styles, giving you a fresh-out-of-the-shower look. The Luseta Dry Conditioner spray leaves hair smooth and soft.
4. Say no to tangles. Tangles make hair look more bed-head than beautified. Prevent tangles when you step out of the shower by brushing hair before sudsing up with tangle-free shampoo and conditioner from the Luseta Tangle Free Series. The Luseta Zero Tangle Hair Brush gets even the nastiest knots out, pain-free.
5. Say hello to shine. A hair oil treatment applied on damp or dry hair brings moisture back to follicles while keeping hair smooth and lustrous. The Luseta Macadamia Hair Oil Treatment adds strength, while the Luseta Moisturizing Body Oil improves overall texture.
Ban Chemicals From Strands
What you put on your hair gets absorbed into your body, making products containing sulfates, phosphates, and parabens downright scary. Search for chemical-free products to keep your mane — and your body — looking and feeling amazing.
6. Look at labels for natural ingredients in hair care products. Natural hair care components are superior in keeping hair healthy. Ingredients like coconut milk, found in our Luseta Coconut Milk Series, are packed with vitamins and have hair-boosting fatty acids. Ginger, featured in our color-safe Luseta Awapuhi Ginger Series, locks in moisture and enhances sheen. Sunflower seed oil protects hair from sun damage, while wheat protein improves hair strength — both are in the Luseta Argan Oil Hair Masque, a weekly treatment that repairs hair.
7. Be privy to pH levels. High pH levels in products such as shampoo and conditioner damage cuticles. Use products with pH levels between five and seven, such as our Luseta Macadamia & Argan Oil Series. Products with appropriate pH levels keep texture light while rapidly absorbing moisture, while ingredients such as macadamia oil and argan oil contain proteins to keep strands strong.
To purchase a product putting these hair care tips to use, shop online here.